Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are equally good served hot or at room temperature. Arrange in a shallow dish with toothpicks. Prep time does not include marinate time.
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or more)
- Toss everything together in a bowl and marinate up to 4 hours in fridge.
- Heat skillet over high heat.
- Add half the shrimp.
- Cook turning once about 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- Repeat with other half.
- Serve either hot or cold.
Delicious and easy- squeezed tons of lemon juice over them before serving.
I doubled this recipe and served it at a party. I used half fresh parsley and half fresh cilantro. I marinated it 4 hours, then sauteed it until the herbs were wilted then put it back in the fridge until I needed it. I served it chilled with fresh lemon slices. Everyone loved it! Thank you so much for sharing your delicious recipe Tebo. P.S. There were about 6-8 shrimp left and I gave them to a friend of mine to take home and she told me she tossed them with romaine and cherry tomatoes and squeezed some fresh lemon juice on it and it was a delicious salad for lunch the next day!
a nice fresh appetizer, used jumbo scampi very good.