Recipe by Mysterygirl
I love this casserole. I have even used dried pasta and had it work out just as well. Has a very pretty presentation despite how easy it is to throw together.
Top Review by green eyed lady
we LOVED this! I took it to the nursing home for dinner with my dad - he made sure I was passing the recipe to my mom and my sister so he could have it again! I lightened it up, using pam spray, lite yogurt and fat-free milk. Was sooo yummy!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 9 ounces uncooked fresh angel hair pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmild thick & chunky salsa
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 12 x 8 inch pan with the tablespoon of butter.
- Combine eggs, half& half, yogurt, Swiss cheese, feta cheese, parsley, basil and oregano in a medium bowl, mixing well.
- Spread 1/2 of the pasta on the bottom of the greased pan.
- Cover with all of the salsa.
- Top with 1/2 of the shrimp.
- Cover with remaining pasta.
- Spread egg mixture over pasta and top with the remaining shrimp.
- Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.