Recipe by LisaAD
Spicy andouille sausage with shrimp in a tomato base. Very flavorful and not wimpy! Also very low in calories!!!
- 5 ounces andouille sausages, sliced into 1/4 inch coins
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces green peppers
- 4 ounces red peppers
- 1⁄4 cup onion (diced fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large dutch oven coated with spray over medium heat. Saute sausage until browned. Remove from pan, add in celery and onion, red and green peppers and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add sausage, tomatoes and remaining ingredients except rice.
- Bring to boiling, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, bring to boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.