Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy! Easy and delicious. Try to use homemade marinara or buy some from your local italian food place. This is also great with just the zucchini or just the shrimp. You can use spaghetti, linguine, shells, bowties etc. and it works great. Use whole grain pasta for a healthier meal.
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 zucchini, sliced paper thin
- 3 cups dry penne pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (optional)
- salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- Boil water to cook the pasta and cook accordingly. In the meantime, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, zucchini and a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes. Add shrimp and another pinch of salt and pepper. Add marinara sauce, oregano, basil and sugar and set flame to as low as possible. When pasta is done cooking add to the shrimp-marinara mixture. Mix well and simmer on low about 5 minutes or so. Serve.