I got this in my e-mail from Health magazine. Shrimp is low in saturated fat and low in calories. Additionally, they are high in vitamin B12 and vitamin D. Barley is high in fiber, making this dish nutrient-rich and heart-healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan; keep warm.
- 2Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- 3Add barley; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 4Stir in 1 cup broth; cook 5 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring frequently.
- 5Stir in 1/2 cup broth and salt.
- 6Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 25 minutes).
- 7Add shrimp; cook 4 minutes.
- 8Stir in cheese, butter, and pepper.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Zucchini Barley Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.1
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 679.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth