- 226.79 g package wild rice
- 453.59 g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 283.49 g can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 473.18 ml grated sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice according to package directions minus 1/4 cup water. Drain and cool.
- Bring 2 cups water and 1/2 tablespoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan and cook the shrimp for 1 minute. Drain immediately and set aside.
- Heat the butter in saucepan and saute the pepper and onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, soup, 1 1/2 cups of cheese, shrimp and vegetables. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well.
- Spray a 9-inch square aluminum cake pan or an 11 by 7-inch glass casserole dish with vegetable spray.
- Place the mixture in the pan and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.