1/1 Photo of Shrimp and Wild Rice Casserole
Japanese Delight's Note:
Paula Deen recipe I plan on trying!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the rice according to package directions minus 1/4 cup water. Drain and cool.
- 2Bring 2 cups water and 1/2 tablespoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan and cook the shrimp for 1 minute. Drain immediately and set aside.
- 3Heat the butter in saucepan and saute the pepper and onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 5In a large bowl, combine the rice, soup, 1 1/2 cups of cheese, shrimp and vegetables. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well.
- 6Spray a 9-inch square aluminum cake pan or an 11 by 7-inch glass casserole dish with vegetable spray.
- 7Place the mixture in the pan and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Wild Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.6
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 123.7 mg
- Sodium 511.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 23.7 g