A touch of the Orient in a mild, flavorful dip that is awesome on veggies!! Crunchy, creamy, and a very welcome change from the usual veggies dips. Very easy and quick to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or 1/4 cup salad dressing
- 1 (4 ounce) package frozen baby shrimp, thawed or 1 (4 ounce) package canned shrimp, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water chestnut, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (adjust to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- vegetables, for dippers
- 1Coarsely chop shrimp.
- 2Mix all ingredients in medium bowl until well combined.
- 3Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
- 4Serve with veggie dippers such as bell pepper strips, celery, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, jicama, etc.
- 5Also good served on Wheat Thin crackers.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Water Chestnut Dip
Serving Size: 1 (496 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.7
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 179.3 mg
- Sodium 1136.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: