Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A touch of the Orient in a mild, flavorful dip that is awesome on veggies!! Crunchy, creamy, and a very welcome change from the usual veggies dips. Very easy and quick to prepare.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 1 (4 ounce) packagefrozen baby shrimp, thawed or 1 (4 ounce) package canned shrimp, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger (adjust to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- vegetables, for dippers
- Coarsely chop shrimp.
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl until well combined.
- Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
- Serve with veggie dippers such as bell pepper strips, celery, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, jicama, etc.
- Also good served on Wheat Thin crackers.
This is a really great dip. My husband and I had the munchies and didn't want to cook a heavy meal so this was our solution. Very rich and the seasoning was perfect. We also liked the crunchy texture. We spread it on wheat crackers and were happy as could be. Thank-you Manda.
I made this today so we could have something to munch on and my brother came over he and DH ate it all!!! I didn't even get a chance to taste it but from licking my fingers and from the clean bowl I would say this is delicious. Thanks, looks like I'll make it again and hide it :-)
Manda, Loved the crunch! I did change the cup of sour cream to 1/2 c. sour cream & 1/2 c. plain yogurt.Also, topped it w/ a little chopped chive and paprika. A wonderful fresh summer dip. Thanks for posting. Barb