A touch of the Orient in a mild, flavorful dip that is awesome on veggies!! Crunchy, creamy, and a very welcome change from the usual veggies dips. Very easy and quick to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or 1/4 cup salad dressing
- 1 (4 ounce) package frozen baby shrimp, thawed or 1 (4 ounce) package canned shrimp, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water chestnut, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (adjust to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- vegetables, for dippers
- 1Coarsely chop shrimp.
- 2Mix all ingredients in medium bowl until well combined.
- 3Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
- 4Serve with veggie dippers such as bell pepper strips, celery, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, jicama, etc.
- 5Also good served on Wheat Thin crackers.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Water Chestnut Dip
Serving Size: 1 (555 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.0
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 168.7 mg
- Sodium 903.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 17.2 g