Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I worked on recreating this yummy dish after enjoying it at a local Italian Restaurant. Thanks Vesuvio's and RecipeZaar Chef DiB's for your inspiration and help.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom (quartered)
- 1 -2 tablespoon green onion (chopped)
- 1 -2 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli floret (chopped)
- 1 lb large shrimp (cleaned and cooked)
- 1 cup alfredo sauce (I use DiB's Olive Garden Garlic Alfredo Sauce)
- Chop veggies.
- In a pan, heat oil to medium high heat. Saute mushrooms for about 5 minutes or until cooked. Place mushrooms in large serving bowl, leaving the oil in the pan.
- Add onion and garlic. Reduce the heat to medium low to sweat the onions and garlic until tender. Also place in large serving bowl.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta per directions. Add broccoli to boiling water for last 3-5 minutes. Drain and place pasta and broccoli into the serving bowl.
- Add shrimp to warm mixture, and toss all ingredients together.
- Top with Alfredo Sauce.
Fabulous! My daughter said, "this tastes like a restaurant meal". I'd say that was high praise indeed! The recipe comes together easily. I love the cooking of broccoli in the same pot as the pasta. I ended up using Bertolli Alfredo sauce (the whole jar - more than the 1 cup listed). I don't like all jarred alfredo sauces but Bertolli is my favorite. When I have more time, I will try Chef DiB's recipe. :) A few adjustments I made were: I used about 3/4 lb. of fettucine and more than one cup of alfredo sauce ( one jar) and it seemed like the perfect ratio for us. Also, I used the same pan that the mushrooms, gr. onion and garlic was cooked in to heat up the alfredo sauce. I wanted to make sure it was all hot. I added the cooked shrimp to the alfredo sauce to get them heated up , too. Only for about a min., I didn't want to overcook them. Then I tossed it all together. GREAT, restaurant-quality recipe. Thanks for taking the time to experiment and pull it all together. ~Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef~