Recipe by cipherbabe
I worked on recreating this yummy dish after enjoying it at a local Italian Restaurant. Thanks Vesuvio's and RecipeZaar Chef DiB's for your inspiration and help.
Top Review by Karen
I'm a newbie when it comes to cooking, I only just recently started taking it more seriously. I have always loved seafood [especially shrimp] and this dish would be so expensive at a restaurant! I was like, should i even attempt to make this being as how i just started? Am i biting off more than i can chew?? Anyway, i had everything necessary [thank you supercook.com!] and gave it a try. AND HOLY CRAP was it delicious!!! My hubby that is a pretty simple eater [meaning he's content eating ramen or hotdogs lol] loved it, even my 20 month old daughter! If she eats it, that's a instant win for me! I will definitely make this again, i'm stoked that i can make one of my favorite dishes at home now!
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom (quartered)
- 1 -2 tablespoon green onion (chopped)
- 1 -2 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli floret (chopped)
- 1 lb large shrimp (cleaned and cooked)
- 1 cup alfredo sauce (I use DiB's Olive Garden Garlic Alfredo Sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop veggies.
- In a pan, heat oil to medium high heat. Saute mushrooms for about 5 minutes or until cooked. Place mushrooms in large serving bowl, leaving the oil in the pan.
- Add onion and garlic. Reduce the heat to medium low to sweat the onions and garlic until tender. Also place in large serving bowl.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta per directions. Add broccoli to boiling water for last 3-5 minutes. Drain and place pasta and broccoli into the serving bowl.
- Add shrimp to warm mixture, and toss all ingredients together.
- Top with Alfredo Sauce.