Recipe by gailanng
An uncomplicated stir fry. Add a spicey pepper for kick.
Top Review by mums the word
I loved this recipe! I added (parboiled) carrots and quartered zucchini and I added a tsp of soy sauce to the shrimp mixture. Great flavour and I didn't have to heat up the kitchen which was an added bonus. I served over rice noodles, and it was a hit! Thx gailanng, I will def make this again!
- 3⁄4 lb cleaned shrimp
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh broccoli (about 1/2 bunch)
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided (sesame oil adds more flavor)
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 6 ounces frozen pea pods, thawed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix 1 teaspoon cornstarch, ginger; add garlic and shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove tough ends from broccoli; cut stalks into 3/4" pieces and head into flowerettes.
- Add broccoli to 1 quart boiling water. Cook 1 minute, uncovered; 1 minute covered. Drain and rinse immediately; set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add shrimp mixture. Cook and stir until shrimp are opaque and white; remove from pan and set aside.
- Combine cold water, soy sauce, remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch and bouillon in small bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet or wok. Add broccoli; cook until tender.
- Add pea pods; cook 1 minute.
- Add cornstarch mixture; cook until bubbly.
- Add shrimp and cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve over steamed rice.