Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An uncomplicated stir fry. Add a spicey pepper for kick.
Make and share this Shrimp and Vegetable Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, mix 1 teaspoon cornstarch, ginger; add garlic and shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove tough ends from broccoli; cut stalks into 3/4" pieces and head into flowerettes.
- Add broccoli to 1 quart boiling water. Cook 1 minute, uncovered; 1 minute covered. Drain and rinse immediately; set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add shrimp mixture. Cook and stir until shrimp are opaque and white; remove from pan and set aside.
- Combine cold water, soy sauce, remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch and bouillon in small bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet or wok. Add broccoli; cook until tender.
- Add pea pods; cook 1 minute.
- Add cornstarch mixture; cook until bubbly.
- Add shrimp and cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve over steamed rice.
I loved this recipe! I added (parboiled) carrots and quartered zucchini and I added a tsp of soy sauce to the shrimp mixture. Great flavour and I didn't have to heat up the kitchen which was an added bonus. I served over rice noodles, and it was a hit! Thx gailanng, I will def make this again!
Excellent recipe! I added some sliced carrots and more ginger than the recipe called for, I like ginger. I also deep fried some vegetable pot stickers to go with the meal for Valentines and my entire family just loved it!! Thank you!
What a great summer stir fry! I used a little more garlic and soy sauce as I also added some thin rice noodles to make a one dish meal. Perfect thank you GailAnn, posted for ZWT6 Ya Ya's