An uncomplicated stir fry. Add a spicey pepper for kick.
Make and share this Shrimp and Vegetable Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, mix 1 teaspoon cornstarch, ginger; add garlic and shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove tough ends from broccoli; cut stalks into 3/4" pieces and head into flowerettes.
- Add broccoli to 1 quart boiling water. Cook 1 minute, uncovered; 1 minute covered. Drain and rinse immediately; set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add shrimp mixture. Cook and stir until shrimp are opaque and white; remove from pan and set aside.
- Combine cold water, soy sauce, remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch and bouillon in small bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet or wok. Add broccoli; cook until tender.
- Add pea pods; cook 1 minute.
- Add cornstarch mixture; cook until bubbly.
- Add shrimp and cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve over steamed rice.