Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Good Food Magazine March 1988. Serve with Saffron-Parmesan Rice and a nice Pinot Grigio.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon crumbled dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli
- 1⁄2 lb bell pepper, halved, seeded
- 4 ounces carrots, pared
- 4 ounces small zucchini, trimmed
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Combine shrimp, 1 T. oil, the garlic, rosemary, pepper flakes, and ground pepper in mixing bowl. Refrigerate covered 1 hour.
- Cut florets from broccoli. Pare stems and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Cut peppers into 1/2-inch pieces. Thinly slice carrots. Cut zucchini into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat 1 T. oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add shrimp and stir-fry 2 minutes; remove to bowl. Add remaining 1 T. oil to skillet and heat. Add broccoli, peppers, carrots, and zucchini; stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and spinach; stir-fry just until spinach wilts. Season with salt and sprinkle with scallion. Serve hot.
UM-O! This was very good and quick and easy for a weeknight meal. Made for Tastebud Tickling Travellers for ZWT4.