Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy dinner for those week nights when you need to get a meal on the table pronto. Serve this tasty stir-fry over long-grain rice or noodles.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby corn, drained and liquid reserved
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (UK cornflour)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips (1 red and 1 yellow)
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas, trimmed
- In a bowl combine the reserved liquid from the baby corn, soy sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil and sugar, mixing well.
- Heat peanut oil just until hot in a wok or in a heavy saucepan until medium hot.
- Add bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp tender, stirring constantly.
- Add snow peas and baby corn, cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the snow peas turn bright green.
- Add shrimp and the soy sauce mixture, cook 2 to 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens and the shrimp is heated through, stirring constantly.