Recipe by lalatina15
I remember craving chicken cacciatore one day, but, had no chicken! So, what else could I do but improvise, right? Best decision ever!
- 2 ounces whole wheat rotini, uncooked
- 1 hot Italian turkey sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 12 ounces shrimp (raw)
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 pinch adobo seasoning
- 1 pinch Sazon Goya seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Set pasta to cook in boiling water and then leave it alone!
- Spray at bottom of pot with non-stick cooking spray and added garlic cloves.
- When garlic starts to cook, add a bit of water.
- Add onion, peppers, and mushroom, then stir. Add some more water and then cover, leaving it on low heat.
- In a separate pan cook sausage with cooking spray. Once cooked, add to vegetables. Do the same with shrimp.
- Check on your pasta. Once done, drain 2/3 of the way and add pasta and water to main dish.
- Season with Adobo and Sazon to taste.
- Let simmer for about 5-10 minutes and serve hot.