Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is a very simple shrimp and pasta dish that I love. I recommend using fresh basil because the flavor is better.
Top Review by Trisharightnour
Scrounging for a recipe from what little I had left in my kitchen and came across this. SO glad I did because it's a keeper. Really great flavor. I didn't have fresh basil or shallots but I made due with dried basil and white onion and it still came out great. Can't wait to try with the appropriate ingredients. I threw some red pepper flakes and minced garlic in with the sauce for a little kick too. Delicious!
- 1 lb unpeeled medium shrimp
- 1 (9 ounce) packagefresh tortellini, with cheese filling uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel/devein shrimp and set aside.
- Cook the tortellini by following the package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a big skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the shrimp, shallot, and basil.
- Saute/stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add tortellini and parmesan cheese; toss; season with salt and pepper if desired, then serve.