Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
This is a very simple shrimp and pasta dish that I love. I recommend using fresh basil because the flavor is better.
- 1 lb unpeeled medium shrimp
- 1 (9 ounce) packagefresh tortellini, with cheese filling uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Peel/devein shrimp and set aside.
- Cook the tortellini by following the package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a big skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the shrimp, shallot, and basil.
- Saute/stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add tortellini and parmesan cheese; toss; season with salt and pepper if desired, then serve.
Scrounging for a recipe from what little I had left in my kitchen and came across this. SO glad I did because it's a keeper. Really great flavor. I didn't have fresh basil or shallots but I made due with dried basil and white onion and it still came out great. Can't wait to try with the appropriate ingredients. I threw some red pepper flakes and minced garlic in with the sauce for a little kick too. Delicious!
Made this exactly as written with fresh basil. We wanted to have seconds but we are doing portion control! It is so easy to fix and is a good recipe for an RV with no oven!
Simple and amazing. We thought this was great. I made it again without the shrimp because the pasta and sauce is what made it delicious.