Recipe by Nyteglori
This is an oil free (low-fat) version
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Another recipe that I cut in half since there were just the 2 of us! Used medium size tomatoes for this & that seemed to work out well enough! The canned shrimp worked OK, too, but another time I'd like to use some freshly cooked shrimp! Also think I'd like to use it as a stuffing for cherry tomatoes & serve it as finger food! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1⁄4 cup water, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 8 tomatoes, hollowed
- 4 ounces canned baby shrimp
- 1⁄2 celery, chopped finely
- 2 green onions, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Before you chop or start preparing the vegetables. Mix cornstarch and water and bring to a boil. Cooking until slightly thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Season tomato cavities with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Mix shrimp, celery, green onions, and pimiento together. Set aside.
- Mix horseradish, mustard and parsley together in a separate bowl, whisk in vinegar. Add cooled thickened water in a thin stream, mixing constantly with the whisk.
- Pour dressing over shrimp mixture and mix well. Add lemon juice and stuff tomatoes with mixture.