Recipe by Brenda.
A Quick and Easy Quiche. Try substituting salmon or crab for the shrimp
Top Review by nyc4me03
This was a solid recipe that I'm keeping in my files for future use. I agree with the previous reviewer that the taste was a bit bland (and I believe the texture was a tad rubbery). However, this is such an easy recipe that uses staples so it is worth keeping and tweaking. I made the following adjustments in my first try: I used Egg Beaters instead of eggs, I used canned diced tomatoes instead of slices. I added a couple of dashes of Tabasco to the wet mixture before baking. Next time, I believe I will try using Bisquick instead of just plain flour.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese or 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten with a fork
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, cooked, cleaned, tails removed
- 6 slices tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place all ingredients except shrimp and tomato in a large container with a lid. Seal and shake until mixed.
- Pour into a greased 9x9 inch dish and add Shrimp and tomato slices on top.
- Let settle for 5 minutes.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.