Recipe by Mary Close
This is from Paula Deen's Food Network show, entitled "Cater me This". It is called Shrimp Crostini, but I took the liberty of calling it Shrimp and Tomato Crostini so the recipe stands out.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 24 French bread, slices toasted
- cherry tomatoes, halved for garnish
- fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, 2 minced garlic cloves, green onion and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add remaining 3 cloves garlic and parsley. Add shrimp. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until done.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over French bread slices. Top each slice with 1 shrimp, 1 cherry tomato half and one parsley leaf.