Recipe by deb k
This is my favorite soup that my DH makes. Its very simple and is a wonderful meal with some warm bread.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato bisque soup
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 4 medium raw shrimp, minced
- 20 medium raw shrimp, whole
- 1 dash black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in large skillet.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and parsley and cook until tender.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth, heat to boil and reduce to simmer.
- Simmer uncovered to reduce by about 1/3.
- Gradually stir in half-n-half, tomato bisque soup, basil, pepper and minced shrimp.
- Return to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add whole shrimp and simmer until pink.