Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This is one of my favorite dishes because it is so good and very easy. The flavor of the Tasso makes this dish exceptional. If you have dinner guests they will be very impressed. If I'm making this dish and I know my dinner guests aren't big fans of thyme and basil I'll substitute Emeril's Essence for all of the dry seasonings. I usually will add 2 Tbsp of Emeril's Essence and adjust accordingly.
Top Review by ArtofAimee
You can't really go wrong with cream and cheese. This dish was quite yummy! I didn't follow the measurements exactly because I cook cream sauces a lot, and I know how much I like.
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup diced tasso (if Tasso is not available use heavily smoked ham)
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium bell pepper, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 lbs peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic in butter until tender over low to medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, green onions, bell pepper and onion and saute until soft over medium heat.
- Add Tasso and saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and saute 5 minutes.
- Gradually stir in 2 cups of whipping cream and seasonings.
- Bring to a simmer stirring constantly for 1 minute or until smooth and thickened.
- Add Shrimp and additional 1/2 cup whipping cream if too thick.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
- Pour over cooked pasta tossing gently.