1 hr 45 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This is one of my favorite dishes because it is so good and very easy. The flavor of the Tasso makes this dish exceptional. If you have dinner guests they will be very impressed. If I'm making this dish and I know my dinner guests aren't big fans of thyme and basil I'll substitute Emeril's Essence for all of the dry seasonings. I usually will add 2 Tbsp of Emeril's Essence and adjust accordingly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup diced tasso (if Tasso is not available use heavily smoked ham)
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium bell pepper, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 -2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 lbs peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Saute garlic in butter until tender over low to medium heat.
- 2Add mushrooms, green onions, bell pepper and onion and saute until soft over medium heat.
- 3Add Tasso and saute 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in flour and saute 5 minutes.
- 5Gradually stir in 2 cups of whipping cream and seasonings.
- 6Bring to a simmer stirring constantly for 1 minute or until smooth and thickened.
- 7Add Shrimp and additional 1/2 cup whipping cream if too thick.
- 8Cook for 5 minutes.
- 9Add cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
- 10Pour over cooked pasta tossing gently.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Tasso Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1002.9
- Calories from Fat 548
- Total Fat 60.9 g
- Saturated Fat 35.7 g
- Cholesterol 471.2 mg
- Sodium 954.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 48.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: