Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Shrimp and Sugar Snap Peas Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml minced ginger
- 9.85 ml chinese rice wine or 9.85 ml dry sherry
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml red chili pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml white pepper
- 340.19 g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 170.09 g sugar snap peas (about 2 cups)
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 2.46 ml sesame oil
- Make the marinade: combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
- Add the shrimp; stir to coat evenly; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Put stir-fry pan over high heat until hot.
- Add in the oil; swirling to coat the sides.
- Add the onion and sugar snap peas; stir-fry until the peas are tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp; stir-fry until they turn pink, about 1 ½ minutes.
- Add in the broth and sesame oil; stir-fry until the broth boils and thickens slightly, about 20 seconds.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
This was delicious and quick to make! I loved the heat, but the family thought it was a little spicy. If you don't like hot foods, reduce the chili flakes :) Thanks for posting!
Delicious healty and low carb dish!
First bite, first words, "Oh boy is this ever good!" That's DH's response to this fabulous meal. We enjoyed this very much. Fun and easy to prepare; the shrimp are tender, the sugar snap peas are crisp tender. Used sherry, served over brown jasmine rice. Thanks so much for your posting!