Recipe by ~Leslie~
This is a very different and delicious salad. I know it sounds strange, but try it, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. This is from our Church cookbook. Serving amount is a guess as it depends on if you are serving this as a main meal or a side.
Top Review by Kathy(
I really enjoyed this salad. Made as directed with a couple little changes: (1) used nonfat strawberry yogurt; (2) increased shrimp to 11 oz because I had that amount to use up; and (3) used light mayonnaise because I bought the wrong product. I think Miracle Whip might be a better choice than mayo in this recipe because it's sweeter and went well with the strawberries. A very nice blend of flavors. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 lb peeled de-veined shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat strawberry yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- romaine lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rice, shrimp and celery in a large bowl.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add yogurt mixture to rice mixture and stir until well combined.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Arrange lettuce on individual serving plates; top with chilled salad.