Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very different and delicious salad. I know it sounds strange, but try it, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. This is from our Church cookbook. Serving amount is a guess as it depends on if you are serving this as a main meal or a side.
- Combine rice, shrimp and celery in a large bowl.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add yogurt mixture to rice mixture and stir until well combined.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Arrange lettuce on individual serving plates; top with chilled salad.
I really enjoyed this salad. Made as directed with a couple little changes: (1) used nonfat strawberry yogurt; (2) increased shrimp to 11 oz because I had that amount to use up; and (3) used light mayonnaise because I bought the wrong product. I think Miracle Whip might be a better choice than mayo in this recipe because it's sweeter and went well with the strawberries. A very nice blend of flavors. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
What an unique salad... and its PINK! How fun!! I made everything just as described, although we ate it at room temperature tonight instead of chilled. Heck, I'd even make this without the shrimp, maybe with chicken instead or tofu for a vegetarian option. Love the strawberry dressing and I do plan to make again! Made for ZWT5.
Loved this recipe! The dry mustard gave it just a little zing. I used jumbo shrimp (they were on sale) and cut them in half.