Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 butternut squash or 1⁄2 pumpkin, cubed
- 20 -30 raw peeled shrimp
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash paprika
- coriander leaves
- Heat oil in wok at medium-high heat.
- Saute onions and garlic till soft.
- Add 1/4 cup water, salt and spices.
- Cover and cook for 3/4 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cooked for 1/2 mins, then remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add squash, cover and cook till they are done.
- Re-add shrimp, add some coriander leaves, cook for 1/2 more minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Makes the house smell nice
I was a little worried that the cinnamon would be too much for me and didn't know what to expect of the butternut squash since I've never used it before. The dish turned out to be pretty good, though! The flavors weren't too strong like I was concerned about. My fiance loved it. We will definitely do this again! Thanks!