Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made this up for my daughter, who does not like meat. It is really delicious. It has a more "Italian" feel to it, so salsa is not really good with it, but sour cream or ranch dressing make nice dipping sauces. The ingredients are for ONE quesadilla. I think this would make a really nice appetizer or snack, as well. I make these two at a time on my electric griddle, and pretty much put the filling in a ring around the tortilla - not too close to the center or edge. Once the cheese melts and spreads out a bit, the filling is then perfectly even.
- 8 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter, melted
- Toss the shrimp in a small pan with butter and cook for a few minutes untill opaque. Add spinach and garlic powder and stir to combine.
- Brush griddle with 1/2 of the melted butter and lay one whole tortilla on the griddle.
- Evenly spread the cheeses over the tortilla, not too close to center or edge.
- Spread the spinach filling over the cheese - spacing the shrimp out evenly.
- Cover with second tortilla.
- Brush top with remaining melted butter.
- When first side is BGD (golden brown and delicious) flip and cook until side two is GBD.
- Move to cutting board and cut into 8 equal pieces, using a pizza wheel, with one shrimp in the center of each piece.