1/1 Photo of Shrimp and Spinach Omelet
David J Rust's Note:
Ok, folding over an omelet, French-style, isn't easy and for the longest time, I wouldn't try it. But, really, I found it's pretty simple once you try a few times. Now, I do it daily. Also, don't be fooled by restaurants who offer 3-egg omelets: in the average, 9" pan, that many eggs will result in an omelet too thick to easily fold over the ingredients. Stick with two eggs, and you'll fare better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a non-stick, 9" skillet or omelet pan, heat the oil over medium-low heat and add the minced garlic.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, skim milk, and thyme. Season the eggs with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of fresh, black pepper.
- 3When the garlic is just barely browning on the edges, pour the egg mixture into the skillet and, tilting it slightly or stirring, slosh it around so it covers all the garlic and the bottom of the pan.
- 4Keep an eye on the omelet as the eggs stiffen. When the bottom of the eggs are fairly solid but there is still a good amount of liquid eggs on top, sprinkle the feta cheese over the eggs.
- 5Continue cooking for about 2-3 more minutes and , then, make a thin line of shrimp about one-third of the way across the eggs. On top of that, sprinkle the finely chopped spinach in a row (reserving a pinch for garnish).
- 6With a slender spatula (or turner), loosen the edges of the eggs from the skillet. Then, slide the spatula under the third of the omelet that has the shrimp and spinach on it. Fold the eggs over the ingredients towards the center of the omelet and hold, there, for just a few moments.
- 7Over the serving plate, slide the omelet out -unfolded side first- and roll the already folded section over the flatter portion. You may have to do this several times on subsequent attempts to get the hang of it.
- 8Sprinkle the top of the omelet with the reserved spinach and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Spinach Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.3
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 491.7 mg
- Sodium 389.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 21.9 g