Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This a quick and easy, but elegant, meal for working couples. If you like quiches, you'll probably like this dish. The original recipe (pre-tweaking) came from Wellspring Classics' "Shellfish Recipes."
- 12 ounces raw shrimp (peeled, deveined, de-tailed and, chopped)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Squeeze all water from the spinach.
- Combine all ingredients, except bread crumbs and butter, in a bowl and stir carefully.
- In a casserole dish that has been sprayed with PAM, pour in the mix.
- Mix the bread crumbs with the melted butter and sprinkle them on top of the casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the casserole is firm.
- A substitution of 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme for the dried thyme will make this dish slightly better.
This was very good. I used salad shrimp so I didn't chop the shrimp. I didn't have any plain bread crumbs so I used seasoned crumbs. Will definitely make again.
Yum! I chopped fresh spinach, onions, and eggplant to this. Used panko in place of breadcrumbs and added seasonings for a little more flavor. I also reduced the milk as I'm not a huge fan. It turned out delicious and healthy too! Thanks for an excellent meal idea!
I really loved this! It's so quick to put together. The casserole came out moist, cheesey and somehwat "custardy" but not too much. I had small/medium shrimp, so I didn't chop them. I just added a little garlic, but otherwise stuck with the ingredients as listed. Thanx for a great new way to use shrimp!