Recipe by PaulaG
Quick and easy
Top Review by MrsMM
Good and easy- almost like takeout b/c of the snowpea crunch, etc. If I make it again, i will DEFINITELY cut down on the vinegar. That's pretty much the predominant flavor, and we'd have liked the other flavors to come through some more. Still, a good dish. Thanks!
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg white
- 6 ounces red wine vinegar (rice wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 ounces soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 small onions
- 4 ounces peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 4 ounces snow peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine egg white, one third of the vinegar, and 1 T of the cornstarch.
- Add the shrimp and refrigerate.
- For the sauce, mix the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, and cornstarch.
- Quarter the onions and separate the layers.
- Stir-fry the shrimp in 3 oz of oil, remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and stir-fry the garlic and ginger for 30 seconds add the onions and bean sauce for another 30 seconds.
- Add the snowpeas, shrimp and sauce until sauce has thickened.
- Serve over white rice.