- 8 ounces red snapper fillets
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, medium chopped
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a very large saucepan combine tomatoes, undrained, broth and beer. Bring to a boil.
- Add carrots, onion, rice and spices. Return to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until carrots and rice are almost tender.
- Add snapper, shrimp and green pepper and return to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 3-5 minutes until snapper flakes and shrimp is pink.