Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This is posted in response to requests from Bayousong and Chef1Mom. It's originally from "Talk About Good", a cookbook from the Junior League of Layfayette,Louisiana.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shell type cooked macaroni
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups sliced cooked shrimp ((or more)
- salt and pepper
- breadcrumbs, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and parsley in butter.
- Add soup, mushrooms, and half of the grated cheese.
- Place remaining ingredients in a greased casserole dish.
- Pour half of soup mixture over ingredients in casserole and mix gently to blend.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over casserole ingredients and top with a thin layer of bread crumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- This can be made ahead and will hold in a warm oven.