Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These tasty fritters can be served with the salsa sauce included, by themselves or with any store bought dipping sauce. Can be made ahead and reheated in oven for 5 minutes.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 175 g rice flour
- 8 shallots, thinly diagonally sliced
- 250 g peeled shrimp
- 2 chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- oil (for frying)
- 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled,seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Place eggs, fish sauce and rice wine/sherry in a bowl, add 100ml cold water and beat well.
- Beat in rice flour to form a smooth batter.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes, then stir in shallots, shrimps and chillies.
- Shallow fry, by dropping tablespoons of mixture into large pan.
- Turning until golden, 2 minutes on each side.
- Mix all salsa ingredients together and serve with fritters.