Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this when I was at a loss as to what to make for dinner the other night...and I wanted to use up the homemade basil pesto I had in the freezer from last sumer.
- 226.79 g uncooked spaghetti or 226.79 g fettuccine pasta
- 453.59 g asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 340.19 g jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 453.59 g jumbo scallops
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 59.16 ml olive oil, divided
- 0.59 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 78.07 ml basil pesto
- Cook spaghetti according to directions, drain.
- Stir in pesto and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Meawhile in a large skillet, saute the garlic in 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add Asparagus and cook until crisp-tender.
- Add the scallops and pepper flakes, cook until opaque.
- Add the shrimp and cook until pink.
- Toss the pesto pasta with the shrimp and scallop mixture.
- Sprinkle with some fresh grated parmesan and serve immediately.
This was so delicious and so fast to make! I used a little bit more pesto (cuz I like it so much). Husband really enjoyed it even though pesto is not his favorite... He's asked to put it in the keep file...?
Very tasty! We all enjoyed it a lot. I used about 1/2 cup of pesto and wished I had used a little more. Served it with Recipe #283072. We all liked the addition of grated Parmesan cheese too. Thanks for sharing such a quick, flavorful meal idea!
This was a great quick meal! Very tasty with a little kick! I did use Parmesan and Romano Cheese. Thank you for another great recipe!