Adapted from recipe in WW magazine. the original recipe called for picholine olives (which I couldn't find) and pickled jalapenos (which I also couldn't find), so I made subs for both of these and it was a very good dish for dinner which we enjoyed. Only 4 points/serving!
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 1⁄2 lb scallops
- 1⁄2 lime, juice only
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or 2 teaspoons fresh oregano)
- 2 cups canned tomatoes (15 ounce can)
- 2⁄3 cup jalapeno-stuffed green olives, quartered
- 1 serrano chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- In a bowl combine shrimp and scallops with the lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil and then add the onion and cook for 5 minutes; stir in galic and oregano (original recipe called for 2 tsp fresh oregano, but I used 1 tsp dried oregano) cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, ollives and chili pepper plus 1 tablespon juce form olive jar and bring to a boil; stirring (2-5 minutes).
- Stir in srhimp and scallops and reduce heat and simmer, covered until seafood is done (6-10 minutes).