Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
My Carnivore Husband Loves this!!! This is a dish that makes me proud to be Portuguese!!! I combined a recipe I found on this website with dishes I have had from my culture and came up with this. I always serve it over Basmatti Rice and everyone loves it. I have brought it to many potlucks and I always get asked the recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Melt butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute for one minute.
- Increase heat to high and add mushrooms. cover with tin foil for 2 minutes or until done.
- Add shrimp and green onions. re-cover and cook one minute.
- Add scallops and cook 3 minutes or until scallops are opaque.
- Drain most liquid and return to stove.
- Add 2 cans of tamatoe sauce and re-cover for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve over rice (Basmatti recommended).