Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 lb large shrimp, raw
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- Shell and devein shrimp (unless you were lucky enough to have bought them already shelled).
- Rinse scallops and shrimp well.
- Pat dry with paper towel.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Melt 2 Tbs of the butter in a large skillet.
- Add shrimp and scallops.
- Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, until shrimp turn pink and scallops are tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to bowl.
- To the drippings in the skillet, add 1 more Tbs butter and melt.
- Add mushrooms and sherry.
- Cook at stir over medium heat until mushrooms are just tender.
- In a cup, stir flour, pepper, crushed bouillon cube and 1 Cup water until blended.
- Stir into mushrooms.
- Cook mushroom mixture until sauce boils and slightly thickens.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in sour cream until blended.
- Return shrimp and scallops to skillet and cook over low heat until hot (Do not boil) This is good over rice or noodles.
This was a very good recipe even though I messed it up. I used pre-cooked shrimp instead of raw and that made the sauce way too watery therefor losing some of the flavor. I added a bit more bouillon to fix the loss. It worked out okay. I agree with the kicking it up a notch for flavor, maybe a bit of cayenne. I used the egg noodles to keep the authentic "stroganoff" tradition. My kids loved it, that makes it a "keepie" recipe. Thanks SusieQue!
The recipe was very good!! It could use alittle more spice. I will diffinately make again and spice it up some. I served it over rice.