This is quick and delicious. It can be served with rice or pasta.
Make and share this Shrimp and Scallop Scampi recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb small shrimp or 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 lb scallops, quartered
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute more.
- Add shrimp and scallops, and cook for 2- 3 minutes.
- Add wine, basil, pepper flakes, chicken stock, and sugar.
- Simmer about 4 minutes, until shrimp are pink and scallops opaque.
- Add butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
- Sprinkle with parsley and parmesan.
DH and I had fantastically fresh scallops and shrimp. Since we'd eaten them plain the night prior, we wanted a pasta dish that would accent (rather than overpower) great seafood. This was perfect! To cut down of calories, I subbed the olive oil with butter and skipped adding it to the sauce later. *Make Sure* you have a light crusty bread to soak up the sauce. It's a very delicate sauce worth scooping from the bottom of your pasta bowl!
This is excellent!! I used Bay scallops instead of sea so I didn't need to cut them. I also used to more cloves of garlic because we love garlic in this house. I did serve it over linguini. Delicious and easy to make. Thanks lucy k.
Great Dish! Thanks for the recipe and the reviews! Made the dish as a surprise and it delivered! To thicken the sauce, I seasoned about 3 tablespoons of flour with old bay and pepper and in a separate bowl, mixed the flour with scampi Sauce after step 7. ( I used 1/4 cup of the cooked sauce to create to create a rue). I added the rue with the butter, lemon juice and cooked for an additional 3 minutes. It came out great! This is a must keep recipe! Really enjoyed it! BTW, I also used more garlic and used Bay scallops and added parmesan cheese to the sauce. Great taste! Thanks again