This is quick and delicious. It can be served with rice or pasta.
Make and share this Shrimp and Scallop Scampi recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb small shrimp or 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 lb scallops, quartered
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute more.
- Add shrimp and scallops, and cook for 2- 3 minutes.
- Add wine, basil, pepper flakes, chicken stock, and sugar.
- Simmer about 4 minutes, until shrimp are pink and scallops opaque.
- Add butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
- Sprinkle with parsley and parmesan.