1/1 Photo of Shrimp and Scallop Scampi
lucy k.'s Note:
This is quick and delicious. It can be served with rice or pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb small shrimp or 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 lb scallops, quartered
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- ground pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onions, and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Add garlic.
- 4Cook for 1 minute more.
- 5Add shrimp and scallops, and cook for 2- 3 minutes.
- 6Add wine, basil, pepper flakes, chicken stock, and sugar.
- 7Simmer about 4 minutes, until shrimp are pink and scallops opaque.
- 8Add butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 9Serve over pasta or rice.
- 10Sprinkle with parsley and parmesan.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Scallop Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.5
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 256.9 mg
- Sodium 584.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 46.0 g