Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Curry recipe is delicious served over rice. Recipe originally printed in Bon Appetit (December 1981)
- 36 medium shrimp, peeled and devined (shells reserved)
- 2 green onions, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 lb scallops
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Combine shells, green onion, garlic and curry powder in medium skillet over med.
- high heat and cook for 1 minute.
- Blend in cream and wine.
- Increase heat to high and cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Discard shells.
- Set sauce aside.
- Season shrimp and scallops with salt, pepper and curry powder.
- Heat butter in saucepan over med.
- high heat.
- Add shrimp and scallops in batches and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and scallops from pan and set aside.
- Add cream sauce to pan and cook until sauce is thick about 3 minutes.
- Return shrimp and scallops to saucepan.
- Blend in parsley.
This was SO good. I must admit I had to leave the scallops out, as my fiance is not a fan, but its all the same...the curry was fabulous. I wasnt sure where to add the curry powder as you mention adding it to the shells, onion and garlic, and then again with the shrimp, so I just used it when I cooked the shrimp, and then added the shrimp to the sauce, and then continued to add a bit more spice to our tastes :) The sauce is fabulous.. just the perfect consistency! Thanks so much for this recipe! :) Hope you like the photo!
Pretty good!! I didn't have any scallops and had only 20 shrimp. So I substituted a large fish fillet for the scallops. I cut up the fish in small pieces. It was good. Next time I think I will add a little more curry.