Recipe by KLHquilts
I adapted this from a Cooking Light recipe.
Top Review by Diane S
I have made this recipe several times. This recipe works well for two servings. I find that 2 cans of diced tomatoes works best for this recipe. Definitely a 5 star recipe. **original recipe calls for 4 14.5 oz cans of stewed tomatoes.** for 4 servings. I use italian style stewed tomatoes"
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces large shrimp (deveined, tail off)
- 8 ounces scallops
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I actually use 6)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 ounce pancetta, diced
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes (I use canned with Italian seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute shrimp and scallops in 1 tablespoon olive oil until nearly done (about 3 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat the other tablespoon of olive oil in pan; add onion, garlic, fennel, pepper flakes, and pancetta. Saute for about a minute.
- Stir in tomatoes (with juice) and bring to a boil. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return shrimp/scallop mixture to pan. Cook until thoroughly heated (a minute or two).
- Serve over favorite pasta, with basil sprinkled on top.