I adapted this from a Cooking Light recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces large shrimp (deveined, tail off)
- 8 ounces scallops
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I actually use 6)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 ounce pancetta, diced
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes (I use canned with Italian seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1Saute shrimp and scallops in 1 tablespoon olive oil until nearly done (about 3 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside.
- 2Heat the other tablespoon of olive oil in pan; add onion, garlic, fennel, pepper flakes, and pancetta. Saute for about a minute.
- 3Stir in tomatoes (with juice) and bring to a boil. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Return shrimp/scallop mixture to pan. Cook until thoroughly heated (a minute or two).
- 5Serve over favorite pasta, with basil sprinkled on top.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Scallop Arrabbiata
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.4
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 109.1 mg
- Sodium 642.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: