Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
A delightful combination of shrimp and scallops with Penne pasta
Top Review by Sherry80
Very, very good! I did throw in some garlic with the shrimp and scallops as they cooked and then I added some garlic powder to the sauce itself and I was very impressed. 5 stars!
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces sea scallops
- 8 ounces large shrimp, deveined & peeled
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 sprigs parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 10 - 12 minutes, el dente.
- Drain well and leave in pot to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, add olive oil, shrimp and scallops.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until scallops are opaque and shrimp are pink.
- When cooked, remove scallops and shrimp and place on a side plate.
- In the same saucepan, bring cream and butter just to boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Add scallops, shrimp and pasta; toss well to coat.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and garnish with parsley sprigs.