Recipe by prattmama
This is a wonderfully easy, yet great tasting dish.
Top Review by NurseJaney
This was a tasty diversion from the usual rice and --- dish. I happened to have turkey kielbasa in the freezer, and just bought some sizeable shrimp. It all went well together, but I suggest you taste the final mixture BEFORE adding salt. Not sure which ingredient made the difference, but would make this again, being MOST careful of adding seasoning. Thanks, prattmama, for a twist on saffron rice with -- ! Janey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces kielbasa, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (5 ounce) package saffron rice mix (I use Mahatma saffron yellow rice)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium hight heat. Add the sausage and brown on both sides - about 5 minutes total. Reduce heat to medium and add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Drain off the grease. Add the broth and rice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp, cover, and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.