Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
A recipe that sounded too good to pass up. It's from Louisiana Cookin magazine.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into small pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 4 ears corn, scraped from the cob or 2 (14 ounce) cansyellow cut corn
- 4 ears white corn, scraped from the cob or 2 (14 ounce) canswhite cut corn
- 2 (14 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 pint heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Add olive oil to a heavy pan, preferably cast iron, set over a medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers and cook until onion become translucent and just begin to brown, about 8 minute.
- Add the sausage and diced tomatoes and cook until the excess tomato juice is evaporated. Add the Rotel tomatoes, yellow corn, and white corn. Cook until tender, 10-15 minute Add the creamed corn, salt and Creole seasoning.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking until heated through. Stir often; the mixture will be very thick and will tend to stick.
- Just before serving, add the shrimp and cook until they just turn pink. Take care not to overwork. Gently stir inthe heavy cream, heat through, and serve immediately.