A recipe that sounded too good to pass up. It's from Louisiana Cookin magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into small pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 4 ears corn, scraped from the cob or 2 (14 ounce) cans yellow cut corn
- 4 ears white corn, scraped from the cob or 2 (14 ounce) cans white cut corn
- 2 (14 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1Add olive oil to a heavy pan, preferably cast iron, set over a medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers and cook until onion become translucent and just begin to brown, about 8 minute.
- 2Add the sausage and diced tomatoes and cook until the excess tomato juice is evaporated. Add the Rotel tomatoes, yellow corn, and white corn. Cook until tender, 10-15 minute Add the creamed corn, salt and Creole seasoning.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking until heated through. Stir often; the mixture will be very thick and will tend to stick.
- 4Just before serving, add the shrimp and cook until they just turn pink. Take care not to overwork. Gently stir inthe heavy cream, heat through, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Sausage Macque Chouz
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.9
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 172.7 mg
- Sodium 1101.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 20.0 g