Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the July 2008 issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
- 1 (3 ounce) bag shrimp boil or 1 (3 ounce) bag crab boil
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 lbs tiny new potatoes
- 4 -5 ears corn, husked and cut in 1 1/2 to 3 inch pieces
- 2 lbs spicy smoked link sausage, diagonally sliced in 1-inch pieces (kielbasa or andouille)
- 3 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled medium shrimp
- 3 -4 lemons, halved
- snipped fresh Italian parsley (flat-leaved)
- garlic mayonnaise
- seafood cocktail sauce
- in a 12 to 16 quart pot, bring 2 gallons water to boiling.
- Add shrimp or crab boil and Old Bay Seasoning; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, a few at a time, allowing water to continue simmering.
- Simmer 7 to 10 minutes, untl nearly tender.
- Add corn; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and shrimp.
- Simmer 3 to 5 minutes, until shrimp are almost opaque (do not overcook shrimp) and sausage is heated through; drain.
- Transfer to large platter.
- Add lemon halves and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve hot or within 1 hour of cooking.
- Pass Garlic Mayo and Cocktail Sauce.
OH my Gosh! This was fantastic! I had 1/2 the shrimp, and 12oz sausage, but full seasoning and I winged it with everything else. Even my husdand (scrooge) loved it! My step-son asked for the reciepe and I'm happy to give it! I added 1 lemon (cut in half) to the water, but didn't do the garlic mayo - just the cocktail sauce. The potatoes were flavorful with out anything more than came out of the pot - but add butter?! Wow! Anyway - fantastic!