Recipe by English_Rose
Succulent shrimp, flaky salmon and a cream cheese sauce pack real flavour into this quick and easy pasta dish.
- 20 jumbo pasta shells
- 7 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 lemon, finely zested rind and juice
- 7 ounces jumbo shrimp, raw, defrosted if frozen
- 5 ounces hot smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 12-15 mins, or as directed on the packet, until they are just tender then drain well.
- Tip the cream cheese into a pan and add the milk, lemon rind and juice. Heat the mixture until hot, beating it well to give a smooth sauce (take care not to overcook, or it may curdle).
- If using raw shrimp, add to pan and cook until they turn pink. Flake the salmon, add to pan and heat through. If the shrimp are cooked, add them and the salmon at the same time, and heat through. Stir in the chopped dill and season to taste.
- Divide the mixture between the pasta shells and garnish with sprigs of dill.
- Serve straight away.