1 hr 6 mins
Again, I stole this one from Mike Kalina, who got it from the Park Hayatt in Washington, D.C. I changed the recipe by roasting the corn-I like the smokey taste with the shrimp. (cook time is for ravioli only)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ears roasted corn, scraped of kernels
- 1/2 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 8 large shrimp
- 1 cup heavy cream
- white pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- cracked black pepper
- pasta dough
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 small bay leaf, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon white peppercorns
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lb butter, cut into chunks
- white pepper
- 1Put the corn, shrimp and heavy cream into a food processor and puree.
- 2Season to taste with salt and pepper, then mix in the chives.
- 3Roll out your dough so its around 5 inches across.
- 4Place 1 t.
- 5of the shrimp mixture 4 across the dough.
- 6Repeat and cover with a fresh sheet of pasta.
- 7Press with hands to remoive air and find the shrimp puree.
- 8Cut and crimp on all sides with a fork.
- 9Place on a floured board and cover with a dry towell.
- 10For the Sauce-----------------.
- 11Bring the shallots, bay leaf, thyme, peppercorns, wine and lemon juice to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- 12Simmer until the mixture reduces to about 1/3 cup.
- 13Whisk in the butter, one chunk at a time.
- 14Season with salt and pepper, strain and keep warm.
- 15Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and drop in ravioli-they cook quick and when they float, your done.
- 16Remove and drain.
- 17Place in a large serving dish, top with sauce and garnish with reserved corn and cooked shrimp.
- 18Sprinkle with cracked black pepper.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Roasted Corn Ravioli
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 906.3
- Calories from Fat 706
- Total Fat 78.5 g
- Saturated Fat 48.4 g
- Cholesterol 303.0 mg
- Sodium 557.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: