Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This recipe is an old one. I think it came from a Southern Living magazine. It is a wonderful summertime salad.
Top Review by Lilysmom
This was wonderful. I made half a recipe and used left over brown rice. So there was no cooking involved. My kind of meal. I'll be making this often this summer. Thank you for another great recipe.
- 3 cups cooked rice, seasoned and chilled
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen English peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lettuce leaf