Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is an old one. I think it came from a Southern Living magazine. It is a wonderful summertime salad.
- 3 cups cooked rice, seasoned and chilled
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen English peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lettuce leaf
- Mix together all ingredients except lettuce leaves.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
This was wonderful. I made half a recipe and used left over brown rice. So there was no cooking involved. My kind of meal. I'll be making this often this summer. Thank you for another great recipe.
Very good meal on a hot July day. Added some pineapple chunks and a bit of curry powder. You did it again, NurseDI!