Serve this on individual plates on top lettuce leaves, garnish plates with quartered tomatoes, a couple of whole shrimp and a few whole olives. This is wonderful for a summertime (or any season) luncheon. Double or even triple the recipe to serve your guests. This should be made a few hours in advance and chilled to blend flavors. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shrimp, cooked and peeled (can leave whole or cut in half)
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cauliflower florets, washed and uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- green olives, chopped (any amount desired)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons French dressing
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayo and French dressing (adjusting the French dressing to taste).
- In a large bowl mix together ALL ingredients with the dressing, adjusting salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for several hours before serving to blend flavors.
Made this yesterday for today's lunch, and it was excellent! Love the combination of raw cauliflower and shrimp. I used less onion and did not put in the green olives but that is a matter of personal taste. Thanks for another keeper Kittencal. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders!
This is great full meal salad that I enjoyed very much. I have to first say that I skipped all of the dressing except for 1 tbsp of reduced fat mayo mixed with a liberal amount of lemon juice. Glancing at the recipe just now I see that I forgot to add any olives....I'll put 'em in next time. I lightly cooked the cauliflower and peppers only because I'm currently having a lot of dental work and softer is better right now. As I knew that I wasn't going to be using dressing as the recipe asks I cooked the rice in veggie broth for added flavor. I found the resulting salad excellent tasting as well as quite healthy. Thanks Kit for this one.