Serve this on individual plates on top lettuce leaves, garnish plates with quartered tomatoes, a couple of whole shrimp and a few whole olives. This is wonderful for a summertime (or any season) luncheon. Double or even triple the recipe to serve your guests. This should be made a few hours in advance and chilled to blend flavors. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shrimp, cooked and peeled (can leave whole or cut in half)
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cauliflower florets, washed and uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- green olives, chopped (any amount desired)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons French dressing
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayo and French dressing (adjusting the French dressing to taste).
- In a large bowl mix together ALL ingredients with the dressing, adjusting salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for several hours before serving to blend flavors.