Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is not spicy. I usually use the mild Rotel tomatoes. BUT when I double this I use one mild and one hot Rotel.
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups raw rice
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled (frozen kind) or 2 (1 lb) packages crawfish, tailmeat (frozen kind)
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- Saute onions and bell pepper in butter until soft.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour in ungreased baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325°F for 1 hour, BUT DURING THE LAST 15 minutes remove foil.
A very good jambalaya-like recipe, and so easy to put together before baking the casserole. I only had 1 lb of shrimp, instead of two. No problem, we still had plenty of shrimp in each serving. Next time, I'll add the shrimp to cook for a few minutes when the casserole is nearly done. The shrimp were tasty, but seemed a little bit overcooked. Thanks for sharing the recipe. It will be made again.