Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
I haven't made this yet but it sounds yummy to me. Recipe comes from The old Farmer's Almanac. It was submitted by Mrs. Henrietta McClellan. I'm thinking that cream of shrimp soup might be a good substitute for the cream of mushroom soup. At the holiday season this would be pretty made with red and green bell pepper. This casserole is also good topped with grated asiago or longhorn cheese.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shrimp, peeled and slightly cooked
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 5 ounces milk (1/2 of soup can)
- 1 cup grated mild cheddar cheese, grated (4 ounces, more may be used)
- paprika (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a baking dish.
- Mix all ingredients except the cheese together in a bowl. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Cover with cheese and sprinkle with paprika, for color, if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese melts and is bubbly and lightly browned.