Lorraine of AZ's Note:
I haven't made this yet but it sounds yummy to me. Recipe comes from The old Farmer's Almanac. It was submitted by Mrs. Henrietta McClellan. I'm thinking that cream of shrimp soup might be a good substitute for the cream of mushroom soup. At the holiday season this would be pretty made with red and green bell pepper. This casserole is also good topped with grated asiago or longhorn cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shrimp, peeled and slightly cooked
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 5 ounces milk (1/2 of soup can)
- 1 cup grated mild cheddar cheese, grated (4 ounces, more may be used)
- paprika (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a baking dish.
- 2Mix all ingredients except the cheese together in a bowl. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- 3Cover with cheese and sprinkle with paprika, for color, if desired.
- 4Bake in preheated oven until cheese melts and is bubbly and lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 885.3
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 512.0 mg
- Sodium 1813.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 71.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: