Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Here's a great appetizer! Succulent shrimp paired with prosciutto (Italian ham). You can't lose! Wonderful spices and fresh herbs, make for a winner in my book. Times do not include time in refrigerator.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon thyme, minced
- 5 tablespoons vodka
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 slices prosciutto ham, thin slices, cut in half lengthwise
- 12 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, ginger, garlic, rosemary, thyme,vodka and pepper.
- Add shrimp, toss to coat with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and wrap each in Prosciutto. Butter and layer 3 sheets phyllo per shrimp. Cut width-wise into 1-inch-wide strips.
- Wrap phyllo around shrimp to form natural shape of shrimp.
- Brush outside with butter and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place phyllo-wrapped shrimp on ungreased cookie sheet and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite sauce, if desired.